So, you went camping. You got a fire. You caught fish. You're feeling caveman Ish. Or just hungry. Hmmmmmmm.
Well with a few ingredients, and some heavy-duty foil, you can make a gourmet meal that doesn't require anything else to cook it in or serve it on. And by gourmet, I mean served in the finest French campsites in the world.
1 clove garlic
1 large potato
2 tbs butter
drizzle of oil
salt and pepper to taste
You can use this method for any fish
- Make a pouch out of foil
- Clean and scale the fish (you can leave the head on if you like).
- Slice the onion, lemon, and potatoes.
- Drizzle oil on the foil and place the fish in it.
- Put some of the lemons, garlic and onions in the fish
- place the rest on it
- sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other seasonings you want
- top with the butter
- seal it up
- Wrap it a couple more times in foil just to be sure
- Place on the coals of your fire
- Cover up with more coals
- Let cook 20 to 30 minutes Take out and enjoy